Unfortunately, there is no simple answer. The issue could be as simple as a loose belt or a problem as severe as worn components and/or electronics. Our on-site services will pinpoint the root of the problem and eliminate the guesswork.
Ask the Wolf! Machine Questions
Every manufacturer has their own set of error codes. Although there are advances being made in code diagnosis, most codes are essentially “check engine” lights that are not specific enough to diagnose over the phone. Contact us and we will be happy to help as much as possible!
If and when it comes time to order parts, we will contact the manufacturer on your behalf to obtain your warranty status. Avoid the call center runaround and let us do the research for you.
- Lubrication of all moving parts will keep the machine running at a higher efficiency level and will maximize the life of your investment.
- Our technicians are trained to spot small problems that can quickly grow into major issues. An ounce of prevention is well worth a pound of cure!
Once a year for average use (less than 150 hours per year); twice a year for heavier use (more than 150 hours per year).
- Wipe the machine down after every workout. The cleaner the machine, the longer it will last.
- Keep the area around your machine as clean and dust free as possible. Once again, the cleaner the machine, the longer it will last.
- Keep the machine properly lubricated.
Always. A mat under your machine will not only protect your floor from the machine; it will also extend the life of your equipment by shielding it from debris and dust from your floor and carpet. Mats also help dampen vibrations and shock, resulting in a softer impact and quieter workout.
As a general rule, no. Both of these items can be a “choke point” for power flowing to your machine. Treadmills need to be treated as major appliances that require a large amount of current. As an appropriate solution, we have Power Extenders available that exceed the manufacturers power specifications to ensure proper performance.